This post contains affiliate links, because I like money, but I s2g I wrote this post before adding the affiliate links and the monetization does not affect my opinions.
It is Monday, my dudes, and I am
- still listening to Shawn Mendes’ “Lost in Japan” on repeat
- putting off washing my hair for yet another day
- still fucking fuming over the CTO describing “being a speaker at a conference” as “being like the pretty girl at a party… people actually want to talk to you, and they have interesting things to say…” which… NO!!! If being a speaker at a conference were like being the pretty girl at a party, people would be approaching you because they want to FUCK YOU. This happened on Friday during an all-hands engineering meeting, and I basically blacked out after he said it because I was SO. UNBELIEVABLY. FULL OF RAGE.
- reminding myself I don’t need another pair of Tevas despite how goddamn GOOD this pattern is
Teva Original Universal Sandal in Campo Black & White, $49.99 at DSW
- trying to figure out how to dress around the newly-updated office dress code (a la r/MaliciousCompliance)
- thinking really hard about cabinet/dresser knobs and pulls (mirrored! or gold mercury glass! or silver mercury glass! or mother of pearl! or lucite!)
- wondering who the fuck removed me from the calendar invite for today’s mandatory company-wide all-hands meeting, which I was 35 minutes(!!!) late for because I wasn’t fucking invited to it
- thinking about acquiring some hella extra candlesticks
Metal Candlestick in Gold, $12.99 at H&M
So simple! So elegant! And it comes in two heights! Which is unfortunate because I’d want to get one of each so I could stagger them for the #aesthetic!
Palm Tree Candle Holder in Gold, $24.99 at H&M
This candlestick!!! Is goddamn!!! INCREDIBLE!!! But it’s also $24.99, which is an absurd amount of money to spend on a candlestick that wasn’t previously owned by an 18th-century noble.
- trying to move all my money from Betterment to Vanguard
- trying to figure out if I need a raise, a vacation, a new job, or a career change (jk I know neither a raise nor a vacation would help for more than a couple days, and tbh I’m starting to suspect that even a new job wouldn’t help for more than a couple weeks)
- absolutely not buying this bath mat
Ivory And Black Tiger Shag Bath Mat, $16.99 at Cost Plus World Market
JUST KIDDING! I totally might buy this bath mat.
- struggling with questions #27 and #28 on LeetCode and wanting to cry from frustration because lmao i fucking hate this!!!
- reading YA novels (Blue Lily, Lily Blue) and rereading Drarry fanfiction (What We Pretend We Can’t See) in an attempt to right the sinking ship that is my brain before I fucking capsize because I can feel a breakdown coming!!!
- blogging in an attempt to soothe the withered husk that is my creative spirit!!!
In short, S. O. fucking. S. Here’s to making it to the next paycheck. 🍻