This post contains affiliate links, because I like money, but I s2g I wrote this post before adding the affiliate links and the monetization does not affect my opinions.
Here’s what I’ve been up to over the past couple weeks:
- crying, a lot, in a variety of settings including but not limited to
- the shower (while listlessly soaping my body)
- the kitchen (while reheating soup, while emptying the dishwasher)
- the couch (before dinner, during dinner, after dinner)
- my bed (before sleeping, upon waking)
- my boyfriend’s bed (see: my bed)
- the car (on the way to get groceries, on the way to breakfast)
- my Bedroom Floor (Liam Payne™ No Copyright Infringement Intended)
- not bathing or grooming or sleeping enough
Pivot: The Only Move That Matters is Your Next One by Jenny Blake (Amazon | Goodreads) – Generally helpful career advice, but could’ve been shortened to a blog post or a series of blog posts, IMO. Includes the phrases “monthly nut” and “yearly nut.”
- reading “The Changeling” by Annerb, the first non-slash fic I’ve read in a long, long time. This one is Harry/Ginny, with the premise being that Ginny was actually sorted into Slytherin. I’m on Chapter 4 and am loving it so far.
Winter’s Bone (Amazon | IMDb) – Jennifer Lawrence is very, very good in this, and it’s obvious why she was cast as Katniss in Hunger Games, though they really should’ve picked someone less white for that role. At least she was appropriately white af in this movie.
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Amazon | IMDb) – I had no idea how attractive I would find Harrison Ford in professorly tweeds and glasses, but I definitely knew how attractive I would find Harrison Ford glistening with sweat, shirt unbuttoned down to his bellybutton, destroying priceless archaeological artifacts. I hate that they put a white dude in monolid prosthetics though! I know it was for a stunt scene, but the yellowface was so jarring!!!
Dirty Dancing (Amazon | IMDb) – SO FUCKING GOOD?! I can’t believe I put off watching this for so long. It is a masterpiece. Patrick Swayze in high-waisted trousers is a masterpiece! “I carried a watermelon” is ICONIC!!!
(Here’s Harrison Ford in tweed and glasses, because:
This is very sexy.
And here’s the yellowface, featuring really crappy single eyelid prosthetics:
This, on the other hand, is not very sexy at all.
(screencaps from movie-screencaps.com)
I can’t wait to see Crazy Rich Asians this weekend so I don’t have to look at a single fake Asian for a whole two hours. I know it’s going to be an imperfect movie because it’s based on an imperfect book, but frankly I’m not going to wait for a perfect movie before I start supporting American movies with many Asian actors.)
- going to Niall’s concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View and being SO PROUD and SO FULL OF HORNS, because Niall is SO SO SO good live, especially at outdoor venues!
(This is not my video, but something about THOSE JEANS and THAT SHIRT and THIS SONG is what makes Niall Horan the sexiest Direction.)
One day I hope to be famous enough that local radio stations have giant cardboard cutouts of my face to pose with. Not pictured: My cousin and I screaming the lyrics to “Better Than Words,” which was playing right before this photo was taken.
(Scrunchie: Forever21. Extra cropped crop top: Forever21. Black mom jeans: Monki via ASOS. Belt: childhood. Shoes: Converse. Backpack you can’t even see: Etsy shop you can’t even view because it’s no longer operating; gift.)
I’m somewhere in this picture! I still don’t know where, but I’m definitely somewhere!!!
- wearing a lot of scarves in my hair
- watching Les Misérables at the Orpheum and crying as if on cue at “to love another person is to see the face of god” because it’s fuckin TRUE and it always makes me emosh
- running lots of budget calculations
- opening a new credit card
- making all the appointments!!!
- working on a long blog post 👀
- looking up “how to write a glassdoor review without inciting a defamation lawsuit”
A list of things that have not been legal grounds for a defamation lawsuit, from Glassdoor’s very own article.
And on that note!!! Have a great weekend, pals.